The latest box office numbers are in and surprise! Fantastic Four did not do well. Have you heard that enough? Well, it’s true, sad or not. The latest Fox Marvel superhero flick pulled in just over $26 million, falling short of Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation which was in its second weekend. Pixar’s Inside Out and Universal’s Jurassic World finally dropped from the top 10 after eight and nine weeks at the box office, respectively. Meanwhile, the limited release film, The Gift (2015) averaged more than Fantastic Four and almost as much as MIssion: Impossible – Rogue Nation on a per theater basis and more than doubled its small $5 million budget. Shaun the Sheep Movie, which came out this weekend, didn’t even crack the top ten, bringing in just $4 million and averaging less per theater than Inside Out and just slightly more than Jurassic World. Check out this week’s top 10 box office films below and let us know if you were one of the few to go see Fantastic Four.
Box Office Top 10 – August 7-9, 2015
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation ($29.4 million in its second weekend, totaling $108.654 million)
- Fantastic Four ($26.2 million in opening weekend across 3,995 theaters)
- The Gift (2015) ($12.007 million in opening weekend across 1,648 theaters)
- Vacation ($9.145 million in second weekend, totaling $37.325 million)
- Ant-Man ($7.826 million in fourth weekend, totaling $147.436 million)
- Minions ($7.4 million in fifth weekend, totaling $302.754 million)
- Ricki and the Flash ($7 million in opening weekend across 1,603 theaters)
- Trainwreck ($6.3 million in fourth weekend, totaling $91.102 million)
- Pixels ($5.43 million in third weekend, totaling $57.645 million)
- Southpaw ($4.764 million in third weekend, totaling $40.726 million)
What did you see this weekend? Comment below!
Box Office numbers provided by Box Office Mojo.